Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Living off the land like my Ancesters ~ A Soil Ingestion Research Project

Tribal Chiefs Ventures & the University of Ottawa have teamed up to conduct further research to support University of Alberta's Dr. David Shindler's research conducted during the 1960s to 1980s to prove we are affecting and impacting our environment by our industrial & developmental choices.

I just received confirmation I can participate as one of their research subjects in the name of research, science, Indigenous Research Methodology, Indigenous knowledge, preservation of Indigenous teachings, & help to Protect OUR Mother ~ Earth.

I am praying my son, Germain & his girlfriend, Darilyn Youngchief will also be able to participate. They are on a waiting list as space is limited.

Starting Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 and ending Wednesday, August 31st, 2011, I will be camping along Cold Lake, AB on Cold Lake First Nations Traditional Lands and hunting, fishing, gathering as per our Treaty Rights as a First Nations member of Treaty #6. I feel so honored to be able to participate in this project and do this on my maternal family's traditional lands.

I will blog my 15 day experience so I can share with our communities, our youth, and all peoples because the environment is not outside of us it's within us; therefore, it involves all of us.

I honor my ancestors, all my Cree & Dene grandparents, our young people, & our Indigenous/Aboriginal knowledge, the Creator, and Mother Earth for this great opportunity.

Aiy-Hey; Maci Cho

No comments: